Find Newark Farm, Sanquhar, Dumfries & Galloway
Newark Farm enjoys an enviable rural location in Upper Nithsdale, Dumfries and Galloway, but is readily accessible by car, train or bus.
Newark Farm is conveniently located just off the main A76 Ayr-Dumfries road.
- A76 Dumfries, Follow signs Kilmarnock A76
- A76 Junction with A75
- At roundabout take 3rd exit In 0.2 mile at roundabout take 2nd exit.
- A76 (edge of) Newbridge
- A76 Closeburn (post office)
- A76 Thornhill (monument)
- A76 Carronbridge
- A76 Mennock (war memorial)
- Newark is 1 mile, Turn left at farm cottage at farm roadend
- A719 Ayr
Leave by New Bridge Street A719 In 0.2 mile at roundabout forward
- A70 Junction with A70
At traffic signals turn left A70 (signposted Ring Road East)
- A70 Junction with A79
At gyratory take 2nd exit
- A70 Junction with A79/A713
At roundabout take 1st exit and at ensuing roundabout take 2nd exit (signposted Cumnock
- A70 Holmston Roundabout (Junction with A77)
At roundabout take 2nd exit
- A70 Coylton
In 2.5 miles bear right
- A70 Ochiltree
- A76 Dettingen Roundabout (Junction with A76)
At roundabout take 3rd exit A76 (signposted Dumfries)
- A76 Skerrington Roundabout
At roundabout take 2nd exit In 3.4 miles at roundabout take 2nd exit
- A76 New Cumnock Station (on right)
- A76 New Cumnock
At mini-roundabout turn left
- A76 Kirkconnel (post office)
- A76 Sanquhar
- After passing through Sanquhar, take 2nd turn on the right
- Thornhill 12 miles
- Dumfries 26 miles
- Ayr 40 miles
- Edinburgh 60 miles
- Glasgow 45 miles
Sanquhar station is only a short taxi or bus journey from Newark Farm. The station is on the Glasgow South Western line with rail services from Glasgow, Kilmarnock and the north, and from Dumfries, Carlisle and the South.
Further details: train services and station information
The 246 Ayr-Dumfries / Dumfries-Ayr service visits Sanquhar as it travels along the A76, the main road adjacent to Newark Farm road end.
Latest bus timetables are available at Stagecoach.